Or depending where you are in the nation, it could be that “other-other” night game. Â Many thanks for moving this ESPN, I didn’t want to watch LSU/Alabama as well, no not at all, that game totally isn’t worth watching…
I blame Craig James.
Anyways, it’s time for another edition of the HLS Pre-Snap Read (and of course, your weeklyÂ gameday thread)Â to get you ready for tonight’s game as well as the rest of the college football day.
- Poot leads off the week with the usual recap
- I compare our defensive efforts against Air Force and Navy
- Biscuit reminds us all that progress is good
- MQ gave the site a new look and then decided to check everyone’sÂ temperatureÂ on the Sideline forums
- Need some new tailgating music? We got you covered.
- MQ decided to write a post with the most misleading title ever
- After a week off, the NDtex25 returns for a double dose
Outside the Bubble
- In this week’s edition of realignment drama, Boise’s parents have allowed them to see the Big East while West Virginia is being sued for trying to break up with the Big East too soon. Â Somewhere, Pitt and Syracuse are laughing their asses off.
- The Obama administration is unlikely to try and tackle the BCS problem. Â Probably because, you know, they have a lot of other crap to take care of right now.
- Remember Joseph Fauria? You know, that TE that transferred over to UCLA in 2009? Well, you may want to start praying for him because he just poked the bear holding the hornet’s nest.
Put These Games on Your RadarÂ
- #1 LSU @ #2 Alabama, 8pm EST, CBS – It’s the “Game of the Century” in case you haven’t heard! All hyperbole aside though, it is so rare that we are treated to a #1 vs. #2 matchup during the season. Â I know this is going on the same time as ND/Wake, but find another TV, stream it on your PC/Laptop, or get to a sports bar. Â This will definitely be the game to watch this week.
- Texas A&M @ #6 Oklahoma, 3:30pm EST, ABC/ESPN2/ESPN3 – This game may have lost a tad of it’s luster since both the Aggies and Sooners have stumbled in Big XII competitions; however, this will be the Aggies last shot at the Sooners for theÂ foreseeableÂ future and I’m sure Norman will be oh so welcoming to one of the SEC’s newestÂ members. Â With two high powered offenses, and the Aggies amazing ability to completely collapse in the second half, this should be quite the entertaining matchup.
- Texas Tech @ #21 Texas, 12pm EST, FX – Gus Johnson is calling this game and all the other noon games completely suck.
It’s a Wake in a Forest Full of Demons…or Something….
I’m not even sure where to start with Wake Forest.
Seriously, just take a look at their last few games. They beat a seemingly resurgent Florida State, then promptly squeaked byÂ DukeÂ of all teams. Â The following week, they proceeded to get curb-stomped by North Carolina.
Their rushing attack is abysmal, ranking 106 in the nation. Â Considering that they will be facing off against ND’s strong front seven, I have a feeling this could make Wake Forest go one-dimensionalÂ to the pass early. Â Just think about Lynch and Tuitt not having to worry about the run and I’m sure you can quite easily see how this would be awful news for the Demon Deacons.
Their passing defense isn’t much to write home about either as they rank 89th in the nation. Â While we have still seen Rees struggle against poor passing defenses, this time around, there will likely be little pressure to worry about as Wake ranks 105 in the nation in sacks/game. Â As long as Rees doesn’t get in his own way, he should have plenty of time to make the correct decisions in this game.
Of course everything I just wrote could be completely irrelevant if we find a way to cough up the ball at the worst possible times yet again. Â On that note:
FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY AND GOOD REMEMBER THAT THE DAMNED SWING ROUTE IS ALWAYS, ALWAYS A FORWARD PASS!
There, I feel better now.
NDtex: Like I said above, this appears to be a game ND should handle somewhat easily. Â Here’s hoping we do.
ND 31 – Wake Forest 13
PootND:Â Probably a closer game in the first half but Floyd proves too much to handle in the 2nd half. Tommy has another interception that causes meltdowns across the fanbase.
ND 35 – Wake Forest 20
Biscuit:Â 1) A slow start for ND
2) A close game through 3 quarters
3) ND wins 24 – 21
4) Low TV ratings
5) More grumbling from the entitled-look-at-me portion of the fanbase
MQ: One Hand Clapping – 30, Nobody There To Hear It – 10