With the advent of the College Football Playoff, we — the Elvii of college football — have joined together to present our weekly playoff nominations to keep the selection committee honest. We call it the TCB Poll.
Playoff Rankings: Week 8 Results
Each week, the TCB Poll is an aggregate of all our inputs. Scroll down to see individual selections and opinions — this is how we’d like to see the College Football Playoff if we had to narrow the field *right now* to determine a national champion. Images courtesy The Helmet Project.
TCB Committee Member Comments
Well, well, well. How do those seven weeks picking Ohio State look NOW? Huh? What’s that? I can’t hear you? Or maybe your answer got blocked and run back for a touchdown.
- Bama – They’re undefeated or now, but don’t sleep on those rejuvenated tigers… either of them.
- THE University of Michigan – Not mocking the SEC for light scheduling any more, are they?
- Clemson – They may lose to FSU, or not. Whatever.
- Washington – They might slip up against Utah, but who’s the alternative pick here? West Virginia? Boise State? No thanks.I’ll keep the Huskies here until they lose.
Is it basketball season yet? What a difference a year makes. Unless you are Alabama.
- Alabama – With apologies to Auburn Elvis, who is left to stand in Saban’s way?
- Michigan – Fine. I give up. I just hope we can do to the Wolverines what Penn State did to Ohio State.
- Clemson – Would love to see them thumplay the ‘Noles this weekend.
- Washington – Are the Huskies the only team in the Pac-12 to NOT give up 40 points a game?
Ah yes, the time when the playoff picture seems easy. Hang on, folks…it’s gonna get crazy in November.
- Alabama. Toughest schedule among the unbeaten teams.
- Clemson. 2-0 vs current top-10 teams (Louisville & Auburn)
- M******n. Only the Buckeyes can spoil the season.
- Washington. Best win to date is against 4-3 Stanford
- Lost And Found: A Twitter Summary - December 6, 2021
- See You Never, Rival - October 22, 2021
- The Sandman Cometh - October 6, 2021