Beginning in 2014, a playoff selection committee will determine which four college football teams play for the national title. Some are skeptical of the committee, so we — the Elvii of college football — have joined together to present our weekly playoff nominations. We call it the T.C.B. Poll.
Playoff Rankings: Week 2
Each week, the T.C.B. Poll is an aggregate of all our inputs. Scroll down to see individual selections and opinions.
Also receiving votes: Oklahoma, Georgia, Texas A&M.
TCB Committee Member Comments
- Florida State – still the defending champion and I think they stay at #1 till knocked off, but it is getting harder and harder to keep them on top of the college football mountain. Playing Clemson this week might actually show us what type of team this is this year.
- Alabama – It was almost as if Alabama knew the spread was 40 and just wanted to tease people with a 41-0 score. Oh Nick Saban, you tricky head coach you!
- Oregon – What an impressive win over Michigan State. The Ducks have bumped the Spartans out of the Top 4 and they have jumped ahead of Oklahoma to take the number 3 spot in the LSU Elvis poll.
- Oklahoma – The Sooners drop to 4 not because they did anything wrong with their 52-7 victory over Tulsa, but Oregon beat a top-10 team. The Sooners will have their chance to jump in the polls when they take on Baylor later this year.
Elvis once said, “I learned very early in life that without a song, the day would never end; without a song, a man ain’t got a friend; without a song, the road would never bend; without a song.So I keep singing a song.” I think the same can be said for College Football. It is such a wonderful time of year!
- Oregon – They for reals, y’all.
- FSU – Playing average right now. Guess they’re looking ahead to Clemson?
- Auburn – Will score a lot of points again this year, and they’ll need to.
- Texas A&M – Considered putting Maryland or Rutgers here just to troll, but instead, I’m imagining a world where a 1-loss Texas A&M looks better than anyone in leagues with the word “Big” in the title.
- Oregon – I see my Elvi brethren are coming around on the Ducks. Can turn a game around lightning fast. Who in the Pac-12 can beat them?
- Alabama – The Tide got rolling against the FCS until lightning halted their game. Can the full SEC schedule start please?
- Florida State – I have to dock them again. An unconvincing win against a lower opponent. Who do these guys think they are? Iowa?
- Auburn – Now THAT’S how you take care of an opponent. But again, SEC full schedule please.
- Oregon – get a solid win and a decent strength-of-schedule bump. Let’s see how they look here in the top slot.
- Florida State – Two unconvincing wins …let’s compare Clemson vs. UGA in week 1 with Clemson vs. FSU in week 3.
- Georgia – Bye > MAC that the rest of the SEC played.
- Oklahoma – Louisiana Tech & Tulsa? Atrocious…but have avoided any drama thus far.