Each week in this space, we examine two things: Notre Dame’s strength of schedule (from USA Today‘s Sagarin rankings), and who Irish opponents are facing. For those of who want to scout future opponents, I’ll give you my recommendation for who to watch when you’re not watching Notre Dame Football.
Who To Watch
Syracuse (6-2) at Wake Forest (4-4), Sat 12:00 PM ET on ACC Network
The Irish have a primetime kick in Chicago, but there’s an early game of note. Syracuse is newly ranked and hoping to keep making noise on the national stage with their potent offense led by QB Erik Dungey. Wake Forest, on the other hand, is trying to stop the bleeding on the defensive side of the ball. You should expect this to be a high-scoring affair, and Dino Babers should have his squad highly tuned to meet Notre Dame in two weeks.
Also this Week
Other Upcoming Opponents
- Florida State (4-4) at NC State (Sat 3:30 PM ET, ABC)
- Southern Cal (4-4) at Oregon State (Sat 10:00 PM ET, Fox Sports 1)
- Ball State (3-6) at Toledo (Wed 7:30 PM ET, ESPN2)
- Pittsburgh (4-4) at Virginia (Fri 7:30 PM ET, ESPN2)
- Navy (2-6) at Cincinnati (Sat 3:30 PM ET, ESPNU)
- Michigan (7-1) vs Penn State (Sat 3:45 PM ET, ESPN)
- Virginia Tech (4-3) vs Boston College (Sat 3:45 PM ET, ACC Network)
- Stanford (5-3) at Washington (Sat 9:00 PM ET)
Last week, ND opponents went 5-6. On the year, opponents have a combined record of 52-45 (53.6%) with an average schedule strength of 42.
Powered by SC schadenfreude, husband to Mrs. IrishElvis (not pictured), rabble rouser. TCB.