With the advent of the College Football Playoff in 2014, we — the Elvii of college football — have joined together to present our weekly playoff nominations to keep the selection committee honest. We call it the TCB Poll.
Playoff Rankings: Week 2 Results
Each week, the TCB Poll is an aggregate of all our inputs. Scroll down to see individual selections and opinions — this is how we’d like to see the College Football Playoff if we had to narrow the field *right now* to determine a national champion. Images courtesy The Helmet Project.
|3||Florida State||2-0||+ 1|
Also receiving votes: Ohio State, Washington, Houston.
TCB Committee Member Comments
- Alabama – Any chance Bama loses a third-straight to Ole Miss? [fingers crossed]
- Michigan – I don’t have to do much thinking on this one until that Wisconsin game.
- FSU? – I know Clemson isn’t last year’s Clemson, so no chance there, but NO WAY am I predicting Louisville upsets FSU this week. That’s crazy talk.
- Washington – Again, I guess this is good for now.
- Alabama – The most exciting part of the Tide’s game on Saturday was watching Saban go off on Kiffin.
- Florida State – Someone is going to come out of the ACC on top right?
- Ohio State – I’m ignoring a certain khaki-wearing idiot for now.
- Clemson – Yep. I’m saying the ACC has two teams in.
On deck – Michigan, Louisville
- Alabama. A loss will make their playoff case much more difficult, but no other SEC program seems qualified for the postseason.
- Clemson. Eked out a win, but I’ll keep them here and gather a couple more data points before replacing them with FSU
- Michigan. Khakis are overrated.
- Houston. The Cougars have a good win on the books and will wait for the Big 5 conferences to cannibalize those currently ranked ahead of them
Powered by SC schadenfreude, husband to Mrs. IrishElvis (not pictured), rabble rouser. TCB.