Every #HLSRecap is followed by a ranking – even if it’s several days overdue.
We’ve had 614 Twitter users lend their content to our recap this year so far – and we’ve identified 25 “power users” that provide an enjoyable supplement to your game-watching experience.
Our Stanford recap was, in the words of my colleague Moons, like a “belated throat punch.” Sorry about that. It does, though, accurately capture the highs and lows of Irish fans during a very tense game where the lead changed hands several times.
Before I unveil the new Top 25 poll, here are some fast facts about the Stanford recap:
- 309 tweets – Our biggest recap since the Clemson game.
- 158 total contributors – Our second largest collection of unique voices yet. Thank you!
- 39 new contributors – These Twitter users had their work featured in our recap for the first time this year. Welcome to all of them.
Finally, a reminder of how we keep score (because what good is having a recap without awarding arbitrary points?):
- 1 point for each tweet featured in the #HLSRecap
- 0.5 points for each tweet of yours that is RT’ed or quoted, giving credit for the alley & oop (the exception is if the original tweet is already included in the recap. Then it’s 1 point.)
- An arbitrary amount of T.R.O.L.L. points (The Ranking Of the Leprechaun Legion) handed out by the man that started this monster, @Irish Elvis.
In the ultimate power move, I haven’t asked Elvis to assign T.R.O.L.L. points. There’s still an Ohio State recap to create and post, so I figure he’ll have a final opportunity to decide if he will be merciful or crush us all under the power of his virtual fingers.
|2||ndtex (f/k/a HLS_NDTex)||9||-55||69.5|
Nina (@PDXIrish) stays atop the standings, although the gap between first and second has tightened. We have a new user in second place – @ndtex, editor emeritus of this very website. See you again when I finish the Ohio State recap! (Spoiler: It ends…poorly.)