Beginning in 2014, a playoff selection committee will determine which four college football teams play for the national title. Some are skeptical of the committee, so we — the Elvii of college football — have joined together to present our weekly playoff nominations. We call it the T.C.B. Poll.
Playoff Rankings: Week 11
Each week, the T.C.B. Poll is an aggregate of all our inputs. Scroll down to see individual selections and opinions.
Also receiving votes: Alabama, Baylor.
TCB Committee Member Comments
Only two of my top four from last week survived with Mississippi State and Florida State staying alive but Michigan State and Auburn getting beat….so who moves up to the new #3 and #4 spots?
- Mississippi State – playing Alabama this week to determine if they continue down the perfect road
- Florida State – I don’t see Miami pulling off this upset
- Alabama – playing Mississippi State this week is quite the game
- Oregon – I guess they will win out but I will be surprised if they win a playoff game
Terrible weekend for the good guys. When’s basketball season start?
- Mississippi State – Come on, Bulldogs. Don’t let us down. Even at home, Bama’s venerable.
- Oregon – Looking really good right now. If they keep It up, they’re in.
- TCU – Should win out and I doubt Baylor will. So, I expect the onetime mid-major to make the playoffs.
- Florida State – Barring a Miami or Florida upset, the Seminoles will take the 4th spot with the B1G 10 being left out.
We creep towards the final playoff spots with about six or seven truly legit contenders.
- Mississippi State – Clanga is still the king and will cement that role if they can survive Tuscaloosa on Saturday. ‘Bama is juuuuuusst outside looking in pending this matchup.
- Florida State – When was the last time the entire nation was rooting for Miami?
- Oregon – Stays in pending a win against Arizona State in the Pac-12 Championship game.
- Baylor – Is TCU more impressive right now? Undoubtedly. But the Bears have that all-important head-to-head win over the Frogs.
And now for my very special Heartbreak Hotel edition for the four of us. Most heartbreaking losses of the weekend.
- LSU vs. Alabama – @TheLSUElvis got to meet Tebow, so I guess that’s something.
- Auburn vs. Texas A&M – You can still have a good season if you beat Bama.
- Notre Dame vs. Arizona State – A 10-2 finish is still very possible.
- Iowa vs. Minnesota – Froze my ass off while watching my team get thumped in a trophy game. Living and working in Minneapolis is not going to be very fun this week.
- Mississippi State
- Florida State
I’m leaving my four unchanged again this week. Head-to-head says Baylor > TCU, but I think the Bears have another loss in them yet this year.
On another note: last week the TCB Poll exactly matched the teams & order presented by the College Football Playoff Committee. Which just goes to show you: when you need sage football counsel, always trust 4 men in sequined attire.
Powered by SC schadenfreude, husband to Mrs. IrishElvis (not pictured), rabble rouser. TCB.
Latest posts by IrishElvis (see all)
- Opponent Watch: Seize A Weasel Edition - September 19, 2019
- I Compared Notre Dame and Georgia Using Advanced Statistics. What I Found May Surprise You - September 16, 2019
- Opponent Watch: Tomahawk Hope Edition - September 12, 2019