Another day, another practice for Notre Dame football. With the media now locked out of practice, all we have are our small morsels of Jack Nolan and the Fighting Irish Digital Media crew giving us a peak into practice.
And, yes, we will happily devour it and attempt to over-analyze it because we have signs of football and we are starving for it, dammit.
And now to wring some analysis out of sub-five minute clip:
- Jack Nolan opened with a notice that the FieldTurf would allow ND to proceed without interruption despite the weather. Subtle troll? I sure hope so.
- Another day, another round of the DBs playing lots of press.
- Drue Tranquil even made sure to get contact in while giving a cushion at safety. I think “physical secondary” is definitely a VanGorder goal.
- I’m smiling now when our QBs are throwing on the run.
- We finally have an errant pass resulting in an INT. Sorry, Malik, you lose this round.
- Loved Jaylon Smith’s contain when Golson tried to escape pressure.
- After a video full of passing, we close with Bryant running the damn ball (and man did he look good).
Finally, the post-practice interview was Brian VanGorder who has traded his mustache for a goatee. If this guy goes full beard come November, he could be the greatest facial hair rocking coach of all time: