Now less than a month away from kickoff, another sign of the impending end of the long offseason arrives: the first official pre-season poll.
The Coaches’ Poll, now somehow sponsored by Amway, is out and your Notre Dame Fighting Irish come in ranked at #17. Here is the full poll:[table “” not found /]
- Perfectly fine with ND’s ranking. It’s basically in that pack of “teams that should be good” area which is fair.
- Alabama got zero first place votes, yet Oregon, Ohio State, and South Carolina each got one. The coaches poll remains hilarious.
- I knew OU had some preseason buzz, but three first place votes seems like overkill.
- Huge drop-offs in points from 6 to 7, 13 to 14, and 17 to 18. If you want to section of packs of teams, start there.
- Almost half of ND’s opponents are ranked: Florida State (1), Stanford (11), Southern Cal (15), Arizona State (18), and North Carolina (23).
- Two more received votes: Michigan (53 points) and Northwestern (5 points).
- Seeing Texas ranked only 24 makes me laugh. They are going to be deadly by the time they land on the Irish schedule though.
- Washington has now replaced Boise State in coach and poll ranking.
We’re almost there folks!
Texan by birth, Irish by choice.
Born and raised in the great state of Texas, Tex is a first-generation Domer and a former student manager. After graduation, he left the cold winters of South Bend behind and returned back to his home state with a computer engineering degree in tow. Missing the daily grind of working football practices and talking football with fellow Irish fans every day, he took to blogging, a path which eventually led him to Her Loyal Sons. Continuously diving into stats and game film, Tex strives to break down every aspect of Fighting Irish football--even though it's determined to kill him.
Latest posts by Ryan Ritter (see all)
- Preview Like a Champion - August 20, 2019
- HLS Podcast: (Re)Introducing Technical Difficulties Featuring Ty Hildenbrandt and Sean Bass - August 19, 2019
- (Re)Introducing the Friday Roundup - August 16, 2019