Well, HLS certainly made history, but not quite in the way we intended. The Hangout happened; however, I was nowhere to be found due to…well, we still have no idea.
What I do know though is that everyone at Fighting Irish Digital Media team did what they could to try and get me in and I went through three PCs, several logins, cache/cookies and everything else I could think of. Sometimes, technology just has other ideas. I definitely want to thank them for their efforts. Trying to scramble behind the scenes isn’t easy and I appreciate them doing so on my behalf.
My absence didn’t stop the show though–a dropped connection on a ND laptop did so about 30 or so minutes in. While the Hangout continued, the live stream and the archiving died. No Tex, no live stream, and no full archive…I believe there is a saying about threes…
However, what we do have is over 30 minutes of Jack Swarbrick answering any question thrown at him. I want to note that the FIDM team didn’t require that we submit our questions for screening. This was an absolutely amazing thing for Jack to agree to and it worked out great.
I wish I could’ve done this in person, but on behalf of the entire staff of HLS, I would like to thank Mr. Swarbrick for agreeing to this event and for the FIDM team putting this on (and fighting through all the unforeseen technical issues). The official ND Hangouts have come a long way since the first one that I was able to do with Coach Brey and I can only imagine that future ones will continue to amaze.
You can check out the first 30 minutes or so of the Hangout below. Be sure to keep an eye on all the panel’s various sites as well (listed below the video) as they will have posts on the questions and answers that happened after Google crumbled under the awesomeness of a Hangout with Jack Swarbrick.
- Eric Murtaugh from One Foot Down
- Mike Coffey, aka El Kabong of NDNation
- Lisa Kelly, Volvo’s Big East Fan of the Year, also from Bridgett McGuire’s Filling Station and contributing member to Irish Eyes & No Coast Bias
- Kieth Arnold from NBC’s Inside the Irish
- Ed Jordanich from the Dome and Domer podcast
- Pat Mitsch from Blue-Gray Sky (RIP)
- Notre Dame Father’s Day Gift Giveaway - June 3, 2020
- Questionable Morality - May 27, 2020
- Podcast & Video: Notre Dame Virtual Blue-Gold Game 2020 - April 19, 2020