We continue to interrupt our regularly scheduled Friday Roundup to bring you a bit of news from the Pac 10 in order to catch you, the college football fan, up on the Pac 10 before the season begins. If you missed it, check out our ACC Primer Roundup here and the Big 12 primer here.
- Arizona: Coach Stoops makes me wonder: how good is this team when we talk about kumquats?
- Arizona State: No bunnies? Bummer.
- California: Bad puns using a player’s name are the Best.
- Oregon: Don’t you just love when 2 state schools name their rivalry game something that reminds us of the bloodiest war in American history?
- Oregon State: Janet Jackson would be so proud.
- Stanford: Having lived through the 2007 ND football season, I’d say this bodes poorly for the Trees. Then again, how much energy does a tree have, unless you burn it? (Trick question for you science nerds out there.)
- UCLA: Chow’s got them dreaming big.
- Southern Cal: I’m feeling baited by this headline.
- Washington: The Molder of Men is doing as fine a job as ever.
- Washington State: I just love it when a plan comes together.
And in honor of the Pac 10’s particular geography, this week’s Beer of the Week is Widmer Brothers’ Hefeweizen from Oregon. It’s ubiquitous stuff, but it’s pretty darn good ubiquitous stuff if you’re looking to get “accustomed” to this type of beer. Think of it as an entry-level Hefe.