Each week in this space, we examine two things: Notre Dame’s strength of schedule (from USA Today‘s Sagarin rankings), and who Irish opponents are facing. For those of who want to scout future opponents, I’ll give you my recommendation for who to watch when you’re not watching Notre Dame Football.
Who To Watch
Duke (3-2) vs Georgia Tech (1-4) Sat 12:30PM ET, on ACC Network
The pickings are slim this weekend, but some Duke action should wet your whistle early on Saturday. The Blue Devils have been fairly prolific in scoring, but their defense is top-40, which should put them in a good position to dispatch Georgia Tech. I’m unsure what other of the following upcoming opponent games to recommend, so maybe go outside and rake leaves?
Other Upcoming Opponents
- Michigan (4-1) at Illinois (Sat 12:00PM ET, ABC)
- Virginia Tech (3-2) vs Rhode Island (Sat 4:00PM ET, ACC Network)
- Navy (3-1) at Tulsa (Sat 7:30PM ET, ESPNU)
- Virginia (4-1) at Miami (Fri 8:00PM ET, ESPN)
- New Mexico (2-3) vs Colorado State (Fri 8:00PM ET, CBS Sports Network)
- Bowling Green (1-4) vs Toledo (Sat 12:00PM ET)
- Georgia (5-0) vs South Carolina (Sat 12:00PM ET, ESPN)
- Louisville (3-2) at Wake Forest (Sat 7:30PM ET, ACC Network)
Last week, Notre Dame’s 2019 opponents went 6-4. On the year, Irish opponents are 37-24 (61% win rate) with an average schedule strength of 65.
|12||Southern Cal||3-2||↓ 2|
|53||Notre Dame||4-1||↓ 35|
|63||Bowling Green||1-4||↑ 45|
|77||Virginia Tech||3-2||↑ 34|
|99||Boston College||3-3||↑ 26|
|117||New Mexico||2-3||↑ 6|