Each week in this space, we examine two things: Notre Dame’s strength of schedule (from USA Today‘s Sagarin rankings), and who Irish opponents are facing. For those of who want to scout future opponents, I’ll give you my recommendation for who to watch when you’re not watching Notre Dame Football.
Who To Watch
Michigan (2-0) at Wisconsin (2-0), Sat 12:00PM ET, on Fox
Well you’ll need something to keep yourselves entertained on Saturday, so enjoy a Big Ten matchup of Top-15 teams. Wisconsin has cruised to two easy victories, while Jim Harbaugh’s boys did their best to support the troops last week.
The Michigan offense still has its share of inconsistencies, but on the other hand, the defense hasn’t appeared all that stout. Wisconsin’s offense has been blistering, but the current line on this game is hovering right around a field goal for the home Badgers, so this one’s really anyone’s guess.
This could either be the salve for some primetime wounds, or the start to an epic Saturday….
Other Upcoming Opponents
- Southern Cal (2-1) vs Utah (Fri 9:00PM ET, Fox Sports 1)
- Boston College (2-1) at Rutgers (Sat 12:00PM ET, Big Ten Network)
- Bowling Green (1-2) at Kent State (Sat 3:30PM ET, Watch ESPN)
- Stanford (1-2) vs Oregon (Sat 7:00PM ET, ESPN)
- Virginia (3-0) vs Old Dominion (Sat 7:00PM ET, ESPN2)
- Louisville (2-1) at Florida State (Sat 3:30PM ET, ESPN)
- New Mexico (1-1) vs New Mexico State (Sat 4:30PM ET)
Last week, Notre Dame’s 2019 opponents went 6-5. On the year, Irish opponents are 23-10 (70% win rate) with an average schedule strength of 96.
|34||New Mexico||1-1||↑ 155|
|42||Southern Cal||2-1||↓ 4|
|74||Notre Dame||2-0||↓ 37|
|94||Bowling Green||1-2||↑ 78|
|146||Boston College||2-1||↓ 13|
|162||Virginia Tech||2-1||↓ 77|
Powered by SC schadenfreude, husband to Mrs. IrishElvis (not pictured), rabble rouser. TCB.