Loyal Readers, if there is one thing that our little section of the internet succeeds very well at, it’s raising money for charity. To kick off this season, @PDXIrish (and @bridgetgoirish with a design assist) is spearheading an effort, #IrishRaiseGreen, to raise money for Immigrant & Refugee Community Organization and RAICES. Because combining charity and football is always a fantastic thing, donation amounts are determined by a ND football bingo game of sorts.
Here’s how this works:
For those that prefer text, here is the breakdown:
$5 for Every:
- Michigan Turnover
- Wimbush passing TD
- Three and out stop (by ND, we are not cheering for Michigan even for charity)
- Punt Inside the 10
$10 If the Following Happens:
- ND Comes out in Green Jerseys (bonus if you want to go broke: $1 extra for every tweet you see freaking the fuck out about this)
- Notre Dame Wins
- Harbaugh tells his players to not eat chicken because it’s a nervous bird
- BK Nips out on TV (one occurrence only, extra occurrences are for your viewing pleasure)
- Justin Yoon hits a 45+ yard FG
- Harbaugh wears pleated Khakis
- TD catch by a freshman
- TD catch by a TE
- 2+ Sacks by the D-Line
- Any RB #RTDB (runs the damn ball) for 100+ yards
- Kelly curses on live TV (again, only one occurrence)
#RememberTheSix Special: $37 if Michigan is Shutout
I will be participating in this as well, I encourage you to take the below scorecard and join in too!
Plus, I’m going to throw in a little extra spin of my own. As I mentioned at the end of the preview podcast, I’m kicking off Extra Life (details here) this Friday evening. For every Extra Life donation in before kickoff, I will match 10% and add it as a bonus to the rules above. Right now, the campaign sits at $250, meaning I will be adding at least $25 to this total.
So let’s go do some good while Notre Dame beats the hell outta Michigan!
Texan by birth, Irish by choice.
Born and raised in the great state of Texas, Tex is a first-generation Domer and a former student manager. After graduation, he left the cold winters of South Bend behind and returned back to his home state with a computer engineering degree in tow. Missing the daily grind of working football practices and talking football with fellow Irish fans every day, he took to blogging, a path which eventually led him to Her Loyal Sons. Continuously diving into stats and game film, Tex strives to break down every aspect of Fighting Irish football--even though it's determined to kill him.
Latest posts by Ryan Ritter (see all)
- HLS Podcast: Welcome to the Offseason, Everything’s Crazy - January 15, 2020
- HLS Podcast: National Championship Sim – #1 LSU vs #3 Clemson - January 10, 2020
- HLS Podcast: Back to the Futures Plus National Title Pick - January 9, 2020