Loyal Readers, if there is one thing that our little section of the internet succeeds very well at, it’s raising money for charity. To kick off this season, @PDXIrish (and @bridgetgoirish with a design assist) is spearheading an effort, #IrishRaiseGreen, to raise money for Immigrant & Refugee Community Organization and RAICES. Because combining charity and football is always a fantastic thing, donation amounts are determined by a ND football bingo game of sorts.
Here’s how this works:
For those that prefer text, here is the breakdown:
$5 for Every:
- Michigan Turnover
- Wimbush passing TD
- Three and out stop (by ND, we are not cheering for Michigan even for charity)
- Punt Inside the 10
$10 If the Following Happens:
- ND Comes out in Green Jerseys (bonus if you want to go broke: $1 extra for every tweet you see freaking the fuck out about this)
- Notre Dame Wins
- Harbaugh tells his players to not eat chicken because it’s a nervous bird
- BK Nips out on TV (one occurrence only, extra occurrences are for your viewing pleasure)
- Justin Yoon hits a 45+ yard FG
- Harbaugh wears pleated Khakis
- TD catch by a freshman
- TD catch by a TE
- 2+ Sacks by the D-Line
- Any RB #RTDB (runs the damn ball) for 100+ yards
- Kelly curses on live TV (again, only one occurrence)
#RememberTheSix Special: $37 if Michigan is Shutout
I will be participating in this as well, I encourage you to take the below scorecard and join in too!
Plus, I’m going to throw in a little extra spin of my own. As I mentioned at the end of the preview podcast, I’m kicking off Extra Life (details here) this Friday evening. For every Extra Life donation in before kickoff, I will match 10% and add it as a bonus to the rules above. Right now, the campaign sits at $250, meaning I will be adding at least $25 to this total.
So let’s go do some good while Notre Dame beats the hell outta Michigan!
- Podcast & Video: Notre Dame Virtual Blue-Gold Game 2020 - April 19, 2020
- Saturday Now a Tommy Rees Doubleheader Presented by HLS and One Foot Down - April 17, 2020
- Join Us for the Virtual Blue-Gold Game @ 12:30 PM EDT Saturday, April 18 - April 15, 2020