With the advent of the College Football Playoff, we — the Elvii of college football — have joined together to present our weekly playoff nominations to keep the selection committee honest. We call it the TCB Poll.
Playoff Rankings: Week 6 Results
Each week, the TCB Poll is an aggregate of all our inputs. Scroll down to see individual selections and opinions — this is how we’d like to see the College Football Playoff if we had to narrow the field *right now* to determine a national champion. Images courtesy The Helmet Project.
Also receiving votes: Ohio State.
TCB Committee Member Comments
- Alabama – They dispatched Arkansas fairly easily, but they better not jump out 21-0 against Tennessee this week or it’s all over for the Tide.
- Michigan – I’m kinda thinking Ohio State will struggle with Wisconsin, so I’m keeping the Wolverines here as my presumptive Big 10 Champion for at least one more week.
- Clemson – I don’t like Clemson, but as long as they keep winning, I guess I have to keep them here.
- Washington – Well, it looks like all those “Washington’s going to be good this year” predictions finally came true. Good job, Huskies.
Iowa keeps the pig! I hope that’s not the highlight of my season. Hawkeye Elvis Top Four…
- Alabama – Tide rolls. Vols will be interesting.
- Ohio State – I think they will steamroll the Badgers as they look forward to the khaki-wearers.
- Clemson – Shows no sign of Clemsoning anytime soon.
- Washington – I don’t see an obstacle between them and playoffs.
On deck – Houston, a certain khaki-wearing coached team that I still refuse to acknowledge…..
Gonna switch it up a bit this week (and probably going forward) — taking a look at who they’ve played…
- Clemson. 2-0 vs. top-10 teams. Not seeing too many other teams with that on their resume
- Alabama. 1-0 vs. top-10, and 2-0 vs. top-30. Any arguments, Volunteers?
- M******n. 2-0 vs. top-30 competition. I’m shocked they’ve played anyone that difficult.
- Washington. Their only top-30 opponent was Stanford, but they looked mighty fine that evening.
Powered by SC schadenfreude, husband to Mrs. IrishElvis (not pictured), rabble rouser. TCB.