With the advent of the College Football Playoff, we — the Elvii of college football — have joined together to present our weekly playoff nominations to keep the selection committee honest. We call it the TCB Poll.
Playoff Rankings: Week 4 Results
Each week, the TCB Poll is an aggregate of all our inputs. Scroll down to see individual selections and opinions — this is how we’d like to see the College Football Playoff if we had to narrow the field *right now* to determine a national champion. Images courtesy The Helmet Project.
Also receiving votes: Ohio State, Stanford.
TCB Committee Member Comments
Things are looking better in the college football world. (Translation: my team won). So here’s my latest four playoff teams.
- Michigan – They certainly look good against floundering Penn State.
- Alabama – But I will say Texas A&M is looking more and more like a potential ‘Bama stumbling block.
- Louisville – But come on, do we REALLY believe Louisville will win the ACC and beat Houston?
- Stanford – Washington isn’t really living up to the hype, so let’s slot the Cardinal here until a second SEC or Big 10 team comes along.
Another rough week for half of our College Football Elvis brethren. Man that had to have been a wild last few minutes for Auburn Elvis, huh? Here’s the Hawkeye Elvis Top Four:
- Alabama – Just trudging along through the season. Nothing really scary until they play Texas A&M.
- Ohio State – Same. Although that Wisconsin match-up could be a doozy.
- Louisville – Elimination game on Saturday night at Clemson.
- Houston – They are going to run the table, but really, how good was that win over Oklahoma?
On deck – Clemson, a certain khaki-wearing coached team I refuse to name, Stanford/Washington winner
- Alabama. Wake me when they actually lose a game.
- Lousiville. How do you do, Clemson?
- Michigan. Ugh.
- Houston. If Houston TCB, they may end the season ranked higher than #4.
Next up: Winner of this week’s Stanford/Washington Pac-12 matchup.