Each week in this space, we examine two things: Notre Dame’s strength of schedule (from USA Today‘s Sagarin rankings), and who Irish opponents are facing. For those of who want to scout future opponents, I’ll give you my recommendation for who to watch when you’re not watching Notre Dame Football.
Who To Watch
Stanford vs California (Sat 10:30pm ET ESPN)
I nearly recommended that ND fans should watch USC vs. Oregon at 3:30pm on Saturday, but that would betroy my readers’ trust. Southern Cal has the chance to punch a ticket to the Pac-12 title game, which would aid ND’s playoff hopes, but…come Helen high water I can’t bring myself to root for our rival.
Instead, click over (from NBC Sports Network!!!) to ESPN and watch The Game…that’s laterally the name of this rivalry. Cal’s offense has been as unsteady as their stadium foundation, and we’ll see if Stanford can handle the Golden Bears & the Golden Domers in consecutive weeks.
Last week, ND opponents went 5-6. On the year, ND opponents are a combined 66-53 (55.5%), with an average schedule strength of 40.
- Temple vs Memphis (Sat 12pm ET ESPN3)
- Georgia Tech at Miami (Fl) (Sat 12:30pm ET ESPN3)
- Massachusetts vs Miami (Oh) (Sat 1pm ET ESPN3)
- Southern Cal at Oregon (Sat 3:30pm ET ESPN)
- Virginia vs Duke (Sat 3:30pm ET)
- Wake Forest at Clemson (Sat 3:30pm ET ESPN2)
- Pittsburgh vs Louisville (Sat 3:45pm ET ESPN News)
- Navy at Tulsa (Sat 7pm ET)
Powered by SC schadenfreude, husband to Mrs. IrishElvis (not pictured), rabble rouser. TCB.