With the advent of the College Football Playoff in 2014, we — the Elvii of college football — have joined together to present our weekly playoff nominations to keep the selection committee honest. We call it the T.C.B. Poll.
Playoff Rankings: Week 11
Each week, the T.C.B. Poll is an aggregate of all our inputs. Scroll down to see individual selections and opinions — this is how we’d like to see the College Football Playoff if we had to narrow the field *right now* to determine a national champion. Images courtesy The Helmet Project.
Also receiving votes: Notre Dame.
TCB Committee Member Comments
- Ohio State – You stay #1 until you lose.
- Clemson. Easier schedule to the finish line
- Alabama. Still have Florida in SEC Championship game
- Oklahoma State. Toughest schedule to end the year in my opinion.
Next two up: Notre Dame Irish and Iowa.
- SEC Champion (Bama) – they’re playing better than anyone else right now.
- Big 10 Champion (Ohio State) – I’m not 100% sold on the Buckeyes, but I just can’t imagine Iowa beating them.
- Notre Dame – Just get by Stanford, Irish and you might get that Bama rematch you might not want.
- Clemson – I’m still not convinced they won’t Clemson before the playoffs.
The Big 12 might get left out again. If Oklahoma State wins the conference, I could see them displacing Notre Dame, but that Oklahoma loss to Texas is just too ugly to ignore.
Another week. Another win. This has been an amazing season so far. Let’s see if we can keep it rolling. And let’s see if I can match the College Football Playoff Committee again this week. The Hawkeye Elvis Top 4:
- Clemson – Should be able to cruise to the ACC Championship game. Heads up to the Tigers: don’t take your rival lightly at the end of the year.
- Alabama – Will continue to just bludgeon teams to death en route to the SEC Title.
- Ohio State – So the next couple of weeks will be big ones for the Buckeyes, huh.
- Notre Dame – I can’t decide if the Stanford loss hurts or helps the Irish. The only way they get left out is if Oklahoma State runs the table.
On deck – Iowa, Oklahoma State (I told you those Cyclones can be pesky when they want to be!).
Hawkeye Elvis put in some good work last week and nailed the (actual) committee’s Top 4, so he gets a TCB lightning bolt sticker. A little made up competition never hurt anyone, right?
- Clemson (34) – The Other Tigers continue their march, and their schedule strength stacks up against the other undefeateds quite nicely.
- Oklahoma State (58) – Big test this weekend, and a loss will open the door wiiiiide open for a bunch of other one-loss teams
- Ohio State (67) – Tougher remaining schedule, and not afraid to pop in an undefeated(!) Iowa here if the Buckeyes falter.
- Alabama – One loss to a bad Ole Miss team, but they pass the eye test.
On deck: Notre Dame, Iowa.