Earlier this week, it was brought to my attention that quite a few of y’all were not aware that the Friday Roundup went podcast a few months ago. Firstly, y’all are all totally busted for not having read the Roundup in ages, but secondly it made me re-think how I’ve been marketing this thing. Thus, the title of this week’s episode which (I hope) makes it incredibly clear that there is yet another podcast for you to consume.
While Notre Dame will get its fair share of air time every week, the podcast is more of a college football podcast than it is an ND one, following in the spirit of the Roundup posts over the years. The stories are certainly told with my ND bias proudly on display–so what I’m trying to say is that I’m doing things a bit differently than every other ND podcast to not completely over-saturate everything.
This post will serve as a supplement to the audio fun. I will always include links of things that I discuss on the show and sometimes (like this week) include things that I missed/forgot about or anything big/hilarious that happens after recording.
I should also note that this post will go live every Friday at noon; however, if you subscribe to the podcast via iTunes or Podbean, you will get early access to every episode which goes live early Friday morning.
If you like the podcast, be sure to give me a review on iTunes. If you have suggestions, comments, or want to tell me that I suck, I’m all ears as well to help make this thing better.
So with all that said, let’s get to this week’s episode. We got some fun news about our friends at Rent Like a Champion, coaching moves, a Weis paycheck, the ND playoff picture, some Temple talk, and terrible picks with NDEddieMac to get to.
In this episode:
- Da U got a little less Golden
- I totally forgot about this in this week’s episode, but Jerry Kill retired due to health reasons. Honestly, I’m very upset that I let this slip my mind. Happy trails, coach, we will always have the best memories of Dilly Bars.
- Forgive me Father, for I am going to link a Rovell tweet, but our long nightmare of having to pay Weis money will be over soon.
- From a potential contender in the SEC West, to QB controversies and a divided locker room. Things are not going well in Aggieland.
- Things are a little rough at Florida State. Dalvin Cook is out, Golson isn’t taking first team snaps in front of the media, but Jimbo claims he is still the “likely” starter.
- Undefeated Baylor will have to overcome QB issues of their own, but this is injury related.
- Weekly picks
This week, I enlisted Philly Kelly for this segment. After all, she’s been planning this tailgate for a few years and she’s ridiculously excited. She’s even got a selfie stick for this occasion. I better get Facetimed.
Here is Kelly’s booze recommendation for the weekend:
- 3 to 4 bing cherries, pitted
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- 2 ounces whiskey
- 1 cherry, to garnish
- In the bottom of a short glass (Old Fashioned-style), muddle the cherries with the lemon juice.
- Fill the glass with ice, add the simple syrup and whiskey. Stir for 10 seconds. Garnish with a cherry and enjoy!
Moment of Nix
Adidas ruins everything that they touch. They created glow in the dark helmets for Texas A&M. It looked cool, it sounded like an awesome idea for a Halloween game at night.
The game is being played at 11am in Texas. Adidas has now created a live Aggie joke and Texas A&M is trying to convince everyone that the uniforms will work during the day. You are the worst, Adidas.
Because I didn’t see this until this morning. Enjoy drunk Michigan fans losing their minds (NSFW audio, by the way) as Sparty breaks their spirits:
Yeah, I’m going to make sure y’all don’t forget how to subscribe to this thing:
- Podcast & Video: Notre Dame Virtual Blue-Gold Game 2020 - April 19, 2020
- Saturday Now a Tommy Rees Doubleheader Presented by HLS and One Foot Down - April 17, 2020
- Join Us for the Virtual Blue-Gold Game @ 12:30 PM EDT Saturday, April 18 - April 15, 2020