While the Roundup has already made it’s way to the iTunes and Podbean feeds this morning, I wanted to make sure everyone could get their morning dose of Notre Dame football with Moons’ savage look at the Clemson Tigers.
However, now it is time to fully expose everyone to my usual brand of college football silliness which includes a good ‘ol basketball scandal over at SMU because of course.
Actual football topics include some thoughts on week 4, including the realization that I have no idea what’s going on in the Pac 12 and Texas fans finding the breaking point. I include a dash of my own thoughts about Clemson and make some week 5 picks with @NDEddieMac whose 9-20-1 record thus has been quite impressive (if you are fading him).
In this episode:
- Larry Brown lands SMU in hot water
- Dale Hansen, a local DFW sports anchor, goes “Unplugged” on the situation
- Randy Edsall is not aware that his own players had a meeting without him
- Georgia WR (and a former ND target) under investigation for making a death threat
- Texas fans have finally broken and are calling out corrupt refs
- And some national folks got in on the ref blaming game too
- Big 12 admits the refs screwed up
- Clemson may not be better off with a September bye
- Here are a two different examples of Clemson trying to manufacture non-existent disrespect.
- Your moment of Nix, courtesy of @CBusIrish
There is too much stress involved this week to just go straight bourbon or whiskey. I’m grabbing some Crown and ginger ale so I don’t kill myself before the half (the bottle of Crown will not be so lucky).
Texan by birth, Irish by choice.
Born and raised in the great state of Texas, Tex is a first-generation Domer and a former student manager. After graduation, he left the cold winters of South Bend behind and returned back to his home state with a computer engineering degree in tow. Missing the daily grind of working football practices and talking football with fellow Irish fans every day, he took to blogging, a path which eventually led him to Her Loyal Sons. Continuously diving into stats and game film, Tex strives to break down every aspect of Fighting Irish football--even though it's determined to kill him.
Latest posts by Ryan Ritter (see all)
- Notre Dame, New Year’s Six, and ACC Bowl Bids: A Definitive Guide - November 12, 2019
- HLS Podcast: Week 11, Notre Dame at Duke Recap - November 10, 2019
- HLS Podcast: Notre Dame @ Duke Sim - November 8, 2019