With much of the college football world opening up fall camps in these dog days of summer, and the CFB covering media (new and old) full to bursting with interest stories, fabricated controversies, and occasionally even some actual news, you can practically smell football season like you can smell chocolate chip pancakes.
Oh baby, it’s on like taragon!
- Two safeties this year are actually brought up in reasonable discussions about the Heisman, and Rocky Top Talk has a great comparison of them.
- Maize n Brew takes the notion that the spread can’t work in The Big Ten to task.
- ESPN found itself rushed right into a new medium without actually thinking it over. So then they created a policy without actually thinking it over.
- Urban Meyer’s new contract is bad news for ECU fans. Um, ok.
- Braves and Birds manages to use “contretemps” in a takedown of Stewart Mandel. So jealous.
- Chemistry is a strong-point for the Nevada Wolfpack. No word on their abilities in Calc or Ancient Roman Theology.
- Check in on what the OBC is up to while he’s not voting for Duke in the pre-season poll.
- The Big East gets no respect, I tell ya. (Actually, the level of respect they receive is totally appropriate.)
- Good. I can’t freaking stand people who call into radio shows.
- Ricky Neu’s son looks like a female soccer player.
- Jim Harbaugh apparently really hates Michigan (sucks!) and the Big Ten. (HT: BHGP)
- In the Bleachers asked and we answered.
- Read up now so you can talk all smart and stuff about ND’s running game later.