I spent a good portion of this week digging through MSU statistics, trying to find something compelling about which I might write a post. No go. The only thing interesting about their numbers is that their numbers are all over the map. They’re 5 and 7 since beating the Irish in 2007, and all of their losses came by 7 points or fewer. Sort of interesting until you start looking at how the games actually went. In some, they were down by as much as 24. In others, they just traded off the lead over and over again. MSU is, ultimately, as schizoid as ever and absolutely no fun in the trend department. This is devastating news, because, as we all know, next week is Purdue Week: The Most Boring Week in Blogdom.
- Pitt has never won a game the week after a bye week under the ‘Stache. It’s like watching a dumb kid think about a math problem for a really long time.
- The best Fordy Yard Dash ever written.
- I’ve still never heard this Crank Me Up song. Will the band play it at half time?
- Classic Ground dug up the ND/MSU coverage map.
- C’mon, you were thinking it too: WVU’s Bill Stewart is Bob Davie.
- To Review: MTSU > Maryland > Cal > MSU, unless MTSU was stealing signs.
- Nice round table between a PSU blog and a Temple blog. 2 things to take away from it all: Temple will be PSU’s toughest test at this point in the season, and Temple Football has a good blog.
- Yarrrrrrr. It be Talk Like a Pirate day. And in case’in ya be wonder’in abouts why we didn’t make this’n here Roundup a Pirate theme, it be a sorrowful tail of us not knowin ’til now.
- Fans in Washington may be doubting their coach a bit. No, not that coach in Washington.
- And now I’ve seen everything.
- Hire Jim Essian was talking about
Pearl Jam’sVedder’s “Someday We’ll Go All the Way” days ago, today you’d swear the song just appeared overnight. I will say this, it’s definitely better than “Donâ€™t Stop Believin’.” Sweet Jobu, when that song made the rounds in Chicago I felt an urge to don my Members Only jacket.
- Ty Willingham coaches team poorly. Poorly coached member of team jumps before the snap. OU player clobbers UW player because that’s what you’re taught to do since grade school. UW players get angry, triple-team and punch OU player on next play, nearly get their QB killed, and possibly knock OU player out for season. Ty Willingham, Molder of Men, ladies and gents.
And the Beer of the Week is Paulaner Oktoberfest-MÃ¤rzen because The Brew Site has been doing Oktoberfest reviews all week, and I’m caught up in the excitement.