Well, we’ve covered the SEC, the ACC, the Big 12, and the Pac-10 conferences in some special-edition roundups that last few weeks. Sure, we could go on and do more conference-centric roundups of the lesser conferences like the MAC or Big Televen, but really, who cares about the lesser conferences?
So here we are, with actual writing about actual college football to share with you.
- Who knew skin irritation could affect one’s hype?
- Ah, the team-haircut. It falls under the same umbrella of “things that seemed like a good idea at the time” as the town-bicycle.
- BGS reduces the player interviews until they’ve reached a golden deliciousness that’s too good to pass up.
- House Rock Built: Not dead.
- Les Miles: Not dead, and not a crazy bastard either.
- Damn. When will D-List celebs start showing up at Notre Dame practices?
- Coach Johnson needs to know what his major malfunction is.
- Mike Leach has big expectations, looks a lot like Vince Gill.
- What does FSU, the Chinese Olympic Committee, and the Mask of Zorro have in common? They’re all hiding something.
- I guess I could have used, “Ty Willingham” in place for “Mask of Zorro.
- I’ve heard jokes about how ND should recruit this guy, but I was taught that God works with a sliding scale, so there’s no way this guy can catch a football, right? Oh. I guess we could make him a tailback.
- A season or two ago, EDSBS used the pistol-with-bayonet gag to explain the Florida offense. We’re proud to announce that we’ve found 2008’s metaphor for useful things that, put together, don’t make a lot of sense.
And the BOTW, in honor of college football starting in just 6 days with North Carolina State kicking things off against South Carolina, is Goose Island Matilda. Does it have anything to do with North Carolina State and/or SC? No. Who cares? It’s beer and football, and at least the beer will be good. Cheers.