We continue to interrupt our regularly scheduled Friday Roundup to bring you a bit of news from the SEC in order to acquaint you, the college football fan, with the SEC before the season begins. College Football Fan, the SEC. SEC, the College Football Fan. If you missed it, check out our ACC Primer Roundup here, the Big 12 primer here, and the Pac-10 primer here.
- Florida: How do you stop Tim Tebow? Annihilate the rest of his team with injuries. This isn’t Karma sweeping Meyer’s leg(s) is it?
- Georgia: You already knew that the most important player on the team is out for the season for the #1 team in the country, right?
- Kentucky: ‘Ow-ies.’ Heh.
- South Carolina: Yeah, this looks rough for the Ole’ Ball Coach, but when you watch the Bears play, you realize he’s never needed a good QB to succeed.
- Tennessee: You can’t do this with our rival’s fight song. It’s considered torture under the Geneva Convention.
- Vanderbilt: How sad is it that the players were surprised that an alum knew their names?
- Alabama: Clearly, Forbes would be lousy at picking the Heisman winner. (Think about it.)
- Arkansas: Frankly, I’d completely forgotten about Petrino.
- Auburn: We don’t have any idea what they’re doing. Do they?
- LSU: How is it that LSU, defending MNCs, give me the least material in the roundup?
- Ole Miss: For some reason, I just thought this headline was funny.
- Mississippi State: Ah, head coaching, it’s 2 things you tie a boat to.
And this week’s Beer o’The Week, in honor of the SEC, which includes LSU, who happens to be the defending MNCs, is Abita Fall Fest because Abita Brewery is in Louisiana, and because football is a game played in the fall. Besides, I was reading through their list of brews and realized the specialty brews I’ve had by them are no longer in production. So enjoy some Fall Fest… when it’s available in September.