Loyal Readers, I’m happy to announce that our Blue-Gold Sim won’t be the only Notre Dame football that you can take in this Saturday to chase away your quarantine blues. One Foot Down has been doing some Notre Dame re-watches the past few weeks and it will continue with Tommy Rees heading into my backyard in 2013 in the all-white Shamrock Series uniform glory at 2 PM ET over at YouTube.
So once we wrap up, be sure to head over there to keep your Notre Dame football buzz (and potentially your actual one) going.
Friendly reminder, we are opening up a Zoom for a tailgate at 11:30 AM ET to get the party started and you can add that to your Google Calendar here. This Zoom will stay open for some extra “crowd noise” which I’m sure will be perfectly synced with the game broadcast on Twitch (spoiler: it won’t be).
Additional Blue-Gold Sim Notes
- The Blue team will feature the 1st-team offense and the 2nd-team defense.
- The Gold team will feature the 2nd-team offense and the 1st-team defense.
- In order to set this up, the opening kickoff will be skipped. This will let me mass sub without creating a long awkward moment on Twitch. The rest of the Sim will proceed as “normal”.
- Blue will start with the ball on the 25.
- Injuries will be turned off. We don’t need to put that shit in the universe right now.
- Updated rosters were obtained here if you’re curious.
- We are using the following sliders/settings.
- We will be using the depth chart as set in the rosters we downloaded.
- Likelihood of the sim being drunk as hell: 100%.
See you Saturday!