Loyal Readers, we have just been contacted by the folks over at Nissan who have an awesome opportunity for all those attending the game this weekend in Chicago. For those not going, don’t worry there is something in store for you too.
Nissan is hosting a free fan event near the stadium before the game. Fans will have a chance to take a picture with the Heisman Trophy, get free team swag, play fun interactive games, and meet 1987 Heisman Trophy winner Tim Brown. For folks that aren’t attending the game but still want to connect with the Notre Dame legend, Nissan (@NissanNews) will also be hosting a live Twitter chat with Tim (@81TimBrown) from 5:30-6:00 p.m. tomorrow. Anyone who submits a question during the chat with the hashtag #NissanHeisman will be entered to win one of three footballs signed by Tim.
NOTRE DAME HEISMAN TROPHY WINNER TIM BROWN TO APPEAR AT THE
“SPORTS ILLUSTRATED HEISMAN TOUR PRESENTED BY NISSAN”
The tour heads to Chicago, October 6, when No. 9 Notre Dame takes on Miami at Soldier Field
WHO: Meet the Notre Dame football legend on game day … and celebrate the 25th anniversary of his Heisman win!
- 1987 Heisman Trophy winner Tim Brown will appear from 4:00-5:30 p.m., participating in both an “SI Chalk Talk” session with Dan Patrick Show executive producer Paul Pabst from 4:00-4:30 p.m. and an autograph session from 4:30-5:30 p.m.
WHAT: SPORTS ILLUSTRATED and Nissan have teamed up to celebrate the Heisman Memorial Trophy and the most electrifying players in the history of college football with a 10-stop national tour at marquee matchups this season. Admission to the tour is free, and fans are encouraged to pick up a special SPORTS ILLUSTRATED special edition: “Running to Greatness” … compliments of Nissan.
- Get your picture on the cover of Sports Illustrated with the Heisman Trophy
- Take a closer look at Nissan’s all-new 2013 Pathfinder and Altima
- View SI covers and images on 52” touch screen monitors
- Participate in autograph sessions with former football greats
- Win prizes by participating in fun, interactive games including a virtual field goal kicking challenge
- Register for the BCS Championship Ultimate Experience Sweepstakes
- Get an RFID credential, allowing you to check in and instantly share your experience on Facebook
- Keep tabs on the weekend’s action by viewing games and highlights on plasma TVs and a custom 16’ x 9’ LED screen
WHEN: SATURDAY, October 6, 2012 – 11:00 a.m. until 6:30 p.m.
WHERE: Located east of the Field Museum, 1410 S. Museum Campus Drive, Chicago, IL
So if you are in the area, make sure you don’t miss out!
Texan by birth, Irish by choice.
Born and raised in the great state of Texas, Tex is a first-generation Domer and a former student manager. After graduation, he left the cold winters of South Bend behind and returned back to his home state with a computer engineering degree in tow. Missing the daily grind of working football practices and talking football with fellow Irish fans every day, he took to blogging, a path which eventually led him to Her Loyal Sons. Continuously diving into stats and game film, Tex strives to break down every aspect of Fighting Irish football--even though it's determined to kill him.
Latest posts by Ryan Ritter (see all)
- Notre Dame, New Year’s Six, and ACC Bowl Bids: A Definitive Guide - November 12, 2019
- HLS Podcast: Week 11, Notre Dame at Duke Recap - November 10, 2019
- HLS Podcast: Notre Dame @ Duke Sim - November 8, 2019