Yesterday bowl match-ups were officially named, and the good news is we’re less than 2 weeks away from the most wonderful time of the year! Bowl season is a magical time when basically like every team who wasn’t terrible (and some that were terrible) get one last chance to prove something or another. If that seems like a lukewarm sales pitch, that’s partially accurate. I love bowl season. I try to watch as many of them as possible. This year’s very first match-up will happen on December 19, 2015 at 2:00 PM when the the Arizona Wildcats face off with the Fighting Bob Davies of New Mexico! That’s right folks, this bowl season includes Robert Davie. However, part of me still thinks about a few missed conversions and the what could have beens for the Irish.
On the other hand, Notre Dame faces off with THE Ohio State University in THE marquee match-up outside of the college football playoffs. Already drooling for a preview of that one? We’ve got you covered. For the rest of you, we’re proud to offer a chance to prove you really do know more football than the entire staff of Her Loyal Sons, and we’re proud to be partnering up with ND Fan Radio to bring you (drum roll please….in case you somehow missed the title to this article):
HER LOYAL SONS/ND FAN RADIO BOWL MANIA!!!!!
People love picking bowls. People, I’ve also come to learn, also enjoy prizes. So, as an added bonus for those who participate and just as importantly, as a way of thanking you all who read our articles all throughout the year, HLS will be offering prizes to the top 2 participants in Bowl Mania. The prizes are as follows:
1st Place – $100 gift card to the Hammes Bookstore (this is Notre Dame’s official bookstore, people)
2nd Place – $50 gift card to Hammes Bookstore
So, how do you play? Glad you asked:
1. Sign-up for the HLS/ND Fan Radio Bowl Pick’em group through ESPN’s Capital One Bowl Mania game. That can be done here.
2. Pick the winner of each game.
3. Arrange the games by confidence points. Basically, you’re going to put the most points on the game you’re most confident in your selection. You’ll put the least points on the game you’re least confident in. You then get the points for each game correctly selected. Don’t worry, we’re not using the spread.
4. You’ll have to have an ESPN account or create one to play. Sorry, there’s no way around this.
5. There is a limit of one entry per person. We reserve the right to select a new winner if we believe any shenanigans are going on.
6. The ability to enter the group locks at 2:00 PM ET on December 19, 2015 (The time of first kickoff). You can change your winner and your confidence in remaining games on a game by game basis.
7. In case you’re wondering, all members of Her Loyal Sons and ND Fan Radio are excluded from receiving the prizes. In the (likely) event that we’re smarter than the rest of you (PROVE ME WRONG!), the highest ranking entry not from a HLS/ND Fan Radio member will be awarded the prize.
8. Finally, if you are a prize winner, you must be willing to communicate with our staff and provide a valid mailing address where the prize can be sent. But let’s not get ahead of ourselves….
First thing’s first…..SIGN UP, and let’s get this thing rolling. Tell your friends, utilize the social medias to share this competition. Let’s prove just how good we can cumulatively be!
And, before I forget, happy holidays to all of y’all out there from the HLS Staff. We hope this competition makes the season a bit more enjoyable.
- Who the _______ am I Watching? ND’s Depth Chart (Literally) by the Numbers (Part II) - August 29, 2019
- Who the _______ am I Watching? ND’s Depth Chart (Literally) by the Numbers - August 27, 2019
- The People’s Free Guide to ND Football 2019 - August 26, 2019