This week, we get to ask the questions of the Irish Blogger Gathering. We’re thrilled, really, as we hate Michigan like Michigan hates economic growth. We’re posting the questions here for your consideration and discussion, and then as our questions are answered by the members of the Gathering, we’ll post links to ’em. At the end of the week, we’ll unveil our answers.
Click the “more” button to view the Qs.
1) You’ve now seen Notre Dame Football: The Kelly Edition, Volume 1,
Episode 1. Was it everything you thought it would be? Were characters missing from this episode that you were expecting to see featured? Did it strike you as a carbon-copy of Kelly’s Cincinnati teams, or is there something discernible between the 2 programs beyond the colors of the uniforms?
2) Pick one positive play, offense or defense, by the Irish from last Saturday that you feel serves as a bit of metaphorical foreshadowing for the
2009 2010 Irish. Extra points if you can stretch the metaphor to fit Kelly’s entire tenure at Notre Dame.
3) Pick another play, offense or defense, by the Irish from last Saturday again, but this time, make it a negative play. Tell us how that play serves as a bit of metaphorical foreshadowing for the
2009 2010 Irish. And again, bonus points for stretching it over Kelly’s tenure.
4) You know us, we’re stat geeks. Give us a stat that we should be watching this season that will A) Tell us something enlightening about the
2009 2010 Irish and/or B) Tell us something enlightening about the average Top-5 teams at the end of the 2009 2010 season.
5) Notre Dame is currently a 4 point favorite in the coming Michigan game. You get 3 points for being at home. The AP poll actually ranks Michigan higher than ND. ND is 1-4-1 in the last 6 games with Michigan in which the Irish were favored and 9 and 6 in the last 15 games in which Michigan was favored. Does any of this worry you? Why or why not?
6) Last week, Frank at UHND put the Gathering on the spot with our predictions for the season. After week 1, are there any of those predictions that you’d like to alter? Any upon which you’d double down?
7) Describe in no fewer than 30 words why you hate Michigan.