Glibness? Check. False charm? Check. Liar? Check. Megalomania? Check. Poor behavioral control? Check.
Now let’s see how the governor of Illinois matches up to those criteria.
- Syracuse has found their new head coach. No. They haven’t. Yes. They Have. No. They Haven’t. Yes. They have?
- I’m always surprised when Graham Harrell is dismissed as a “system quarterback.” Man completed 71% of his passes this year. Go outside with a friend, throw the ball 500 times, and see if you can complete 71% of those passes with each of you standing in place.
- Auburn may have messed up so badly that they’re still paying their “resigning” head coach 5.1 million in severance, but at least they’ve got a nice back-up plan.
- Washington will not raise ticket prices for 2009, citing “financial circumstances.” Ty Willingham: Macro-economic force.
- Lots of people passing this article about Tom Thayer’s thoughts on the ND offensive line around. Note how most
idiotspeople will focus on the comment about the zone scheme being “crap” than on the comment about poorly choreographed footwork. Always remember: It’s the footwork, stupid.
- Wait. Is SDSU a step up from Ball State?
- This one holds a new record for most-mailed-to-domer.mq. Calm down, people. He’s just upping his next contract extension while he’s hot.
- Pete Carroll hopes to avoid the “60 Minutes Jinx” that’s apparently been smacking Weis around the last couple of years.
- Butch Davis looks over at Nick Saban’s recruiting strategies and likes what he sees, looks to do even better.
This week’s beer of the week is Anchor Steam’s Christmas Ale. I’ve got 24 of them in my fridge right now. I had 6 in my fridge last Sunday. It’s that good. So good that in an hour, I’ll have 23 in my fridge and one in my hand.