If you are like me, you have spent the majority of your time since Notre Dame beat Southern Cal on November 24th thinking about the National Championship Game. During that time I have thought out every possible scenario that may unfold and have come up with these 12 bold predictions that will without a doubt be 100% accurate.
- Cierre Wood will run for over 140 yards. In what most people expect to be Wood’s last game in an Irish uniform, he will lead the Irish rushing attack with a performance similar to what Theo Riddick did against USC.
- Everett Golson’s performance will put him into the 2013 preseason Heisman discussion….but he won’t be a finalist until 2014. Look for two TD’s through the air and one on the ground as EG manages the Bama D.
- Irish fans will outnumber Crimson Tide fans in the stadium. Despite having nearly 4 times as many undergraduates and far more living alumni, the Tide Pride section will be dwarfed by a stadium painted blue, gold and green (and probably gray and white too – seriously, let’s work on getting a uniform color scheme going for next season).
- No matter what the scoreboard says, Alabama will claim this game – victory or defeat – as their 27th national title. Or is it their 32nd? I lost count.
- Tommy Rees will complete a pass to Tyler Eifert. After Golson loses his helmet and has to sit out a play, Rees comes in and checks into a play for his favorite target.
- Louis Nix will exert his will on an ailing Barrett Jones. Plan on Irish Chocolate creating big issues in the Tide’s run game with Alabama’s 4.0 GPA center still dealing with a sprained foot.
- Manti Te’o won’t force another turnover, but Stephon Tuitt will. Manti officially hands over the reins of the defense to Tuitt, the next top 10 draft pick suiting up in an Irish uniform.
- SEC dominance officially ends, Clay Travis makes weak excuses and fights with Twitter followers. Oh, he does that every day already?
- Both Eddie Lacy and TJ Yeldon will score touchdowns for Alabama. While not many have been able to find the end zone on the ground against Notre Dame this year, the Tide’s two-headed monster will find some success behind the left side of the offensive line.
- These will be the Tide’s only two touchdowns. Add on two field goals, and Alabama ends the day with 20 points.
- I will be in the stands crying. Whether tears of joy or sorrow, you can count on some waterworks from Twibby in the Notre Dame section.
- AJ McCarron will also be crying. Just, ya know, the opposite of my tears.
- Brian Kelly and the Irish will raise the crystal football. In a game that will come down to the 4th quarter, the Irish will win with the same resilience that led them to an undefeated regular season. Irish 24, Crimson Tide 20.
- Tommy Rees appears in the locker room celebration ICON wearing an “I <3 Grantland-X” t-shirt.
-NDtex sarcastically yells “Roll Tide” to at least 6 Bama fans following an Irish victory.