What I Did On My Bye Weekend:
- Felt my New England blood stir as the Red Sox won the World Series. My grandfather, who was a very, very old man when he died, used to swear he would “live to see the Red Sox win the World Series again.” I’ve seen them win it twice since he died.
- Started to think that the Trojan’s real problems have less to do with injuries and more to do with focus. Pete Carroll has no problem focusing when the Trojans are playing ND. I have to wonder if Pete Carroll has trouble not day-dreaming about San Diego while trying to prepare for Pac-10 games.
- Shook my head at how bad Penn State looked against Ohio State.
- Laughed maniacally as Tom Brady, the QB with whom I was stuck by the computers in my fantasy draft, scored 60+ points for my team for the seemingly eleventy-billionth week in a row.
- Slept in Delaware, just miles from the school that put 59 points up on Navy while giving up 52 points.
- Tried to divine what the heck that meant for ND’s game this weekend.
- Carved the baddest-assed pumpkin ever. My jack-o-lantern could so beat up your jack-o-lantern.
- Ate sauerkraut for the first and last time.
- Drank a lot of Allagash Dubbel for the first of many, many times to come.
- Realized that Urban Meyer isn’t the evil genius that I thought he was; just evil.
- Saw a kid get chased by a ghost.
- Drove through a college campus on the Saturday Night before Halloween. Missed college terribly.
- Laughed Maniacally at Ty Willingham. (And no. I’m not going to “get over him.” The F-er implied that his firing had something to do with race. He’ll do the same when Washington finally fires him. Unfortunately for Washington, they saw what happened to ND, so they’re going to suffer longer. Then again, the Washington fans spent a lot of time calling ND fans racists, so they should probably get smacked around by Karma for another year or two.)
- Wondered where a man can find a XXXL, purple, velour warm-up suit.
How ’bout you?